Dates and Venue
Thursday 8th to Saturday 10th February 2018
Registration opens on 7th February 2018
Congress Centre of the University “La Sapienza”
Centro Congressi di Ateneo
Via Salaria, 113 Rome
Access to Rome
The “Leonardo da Vinci” intercontinental airport is located 32 km from Rome and is easily reached by taking the Grande Raccordo Anulare (GRA) and then the A91 Rome – Fiumicino motorway.
For further information, please look at the website from the Tourist Office (http://www.turismoroma.it/?lang=en)
How to get to Sapienza Congress Centre
The Congress Centre is not located in the main campus, but in a recently acquired building that hosts the Department of Social Sciences and Economics.
The Congress Centre is 2 km from Termini Station (trains, metro A and B)
From Termini 38, 92, 223 and 360
From Tiburtina Station 490, 495
All buses go to Piazza Fiume, 400 metres from the congress centre.
Other useful links
The standard voltage is 230 and the standard frequency is 50 Hz, 2-pin type wall sockets.
Passport and Visa Information
An identity card is sufficient for participants from EU-member countries. All other participants need a passport valid for a determinate period (depending of the country they are coming from) to enter Italy. Visas may be also required for participants from some countries.
The letter of invitation for visa application will only be delivered after payment of the registration fee.
Credit Cards and Currency
All major credit cards (VISA, American Express, Diners and MasterCard) are accepted in most shops, hotels and restaurants in Rome. The Euro (EUR) is the official currency of Italy.
There are a limited number of EORTC-PAMM grants available.
Guidelines in order to be eligible for such a grant:
• Graduate students and post-docs having received their Ph.D. within less than 2 years
• They should be working in the laboratory of a senior PAMM member of good standing
• They need to submit an abstract.
The scholarship application should include
• Recommendation letter from the supervisor
• Budget: the scholarship budget should include the cheapest transport possibility (flight, train), registration, and accommodation.
The application should be sent before the deadline 15th December 2017 to:
– Annette Larsen (firstname.lastname@example.org), PAMM Treasurer who will carefully check the budget, and
– Luciana Berrebi (email@example.com), EORTC-PAMM Meeting Organizer
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
• Merits of originality and interest of the subject, meaningful interpretation
• Form: attractiveness and clarity of presentation
The number of grants depends on the conference budget and will be decided by the committee.
Notification will be sent to the applicants by the 2nd of January 2018.
We strongly recommend that you obtain adequate travel and health insurance prior to beginning your travels to Italy.
Free Wi-Fi connexion is available in the Conference Center.